Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Quotable Quotes

Not one to mince words or hide behind a façade, read up on Charlie Chaplin’s views on life, his acting and more…
  • Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted.
  • We think too much and feel too little.
  • Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.
  • The saddest thing I can imagine is to get used to luxury.
  • I had no idea of the character. But the moment I was dressed, the clothes and the make-up made me feel the person he was. I began to know him, and by the time I walked onto the stage he was fully born.
  • I am for people. I can't help it.
  • I remain just one thing, and one thing only, and that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician.
  • I went into the business for the money, and the art grew out of it. If people are disillusioned by that remark, I can't help it. It's the truth.
  • All I need to make a comedy is a park, a policeman and a pretty girl.
  • Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles.
  • To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it!
  • To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune.
  • It seems our laws are always telling us what not to do - are always keeping us from enjoying ourselves. Human beings are made just as much for having fun as goose-stepping and sweating in factories.
  • I thought I would dress in baggy pants, big shoes, a cane and a derby hat. Make everything a contradiction: the pants baggy, the coat tight, the hat small and the shoes large.

Contributed by:

Rupee RoyChawdhury,
Wipro -HR (TED:Talent Engagement Development)
GBS Alum

No comments: